Tuesday 28 August 2007

Boat hugger.



Hooray! All the planks are on. By this stage I have a good working relationship with my plane. It is great being able to see this little boat taking shape. At this point in the Bumble building project I shared my workshop with the previously mentioned shipwright (more about him later). It's an industrial unit with other light industrial businesses in the block, you know, steel machinists, carpenters and at least three surfboard manufacturers - it is Australia! Basically, I am the only woman around and so this small tool wielding female is a bit of an oddity. My mother brought me up well!

6 comments:

Lucy said...

She did indeed!

annie said...

I am curious about bees, and things that float and fly. Lucy posted a link, and now I am here.

The internet is full of strangers!

herhimnbryn said...

G'day from Perth Western Australia!
Am here vis Lucy's blog and am glad I followed the bread crumbs here.

I will be knocking on your blog door again to follow your adventures.

Lee said...

As the only female around, perhaps the ability to swing a hammer is a wise skill to have?

robinstarfish said...

Wow! What a fine adventure on which to embark. Will be watching!

Jonathan Wonham said...

Inspiring stuff Bee!