Monday 17 September 2007

And now for something different.

So far I have filled my blog up with all things boats. So, here is a completely different subject...
Body painting! The local community arts group organised a body painting extravaganza. Having more than a little exhibitionist tendencies, Mikey and I shouted "Hooray!" and leapt in. Little did I know that Tom, my twin sister was coming on a surprise visit from the UK and luckily would be here too. Very useful having a twin for this kind of thing...we won first prize.

Mikey being a fire. Don't you think he looks hot?!


We don't have a car and couldn't get a lift so we had to catch the bus home.

It's really funny how well people can pretend you look normal when they get on the bus and walk past you. Maybe they were just being polite...

8 comments:

robinstarfish said...

What a departure from your beautiful boat! It must have been too much fun. I would have loved to be on the bus just to watch the people watching (or pretending not to) watch you.

Fantastic.

julie said...

Also, whoever did the painting did a brilliant job - the colors are just gorgeous!

Bee said...

We did the painting!

Jonathan Wonham said...

This is superb. Love it!!

Something about it that reminds me strongly of Kit Williams' 'Masquerade' book. If you don't know it, you should try to see a copy.

But aren't you hiding something from us? Like a back view...

annie said...

brilliant! and beautiful. I love it. :)

Lee said...

Washing it off could be fun too...

Bee said...

Yes, washing it off was interesting...

Tom said...

yes, I had blue in my ears for days afterwards!!!