Friday 28 September 2007

Meme

Oh NO! I've been got! Lucy has meme'd me - twice (actually I think it's fun...). So, here are some of my answers -

The first one was a middle name thing. Using each letter of my middle name I have to find a word that describes me. My middle name is Lucy (wouldn't you know!).

L - last minute. Never late but always by the skin of my teeth.
U - unruly. Tee Hee.
C - compassionate.
Y - youthful. Last time I got asked for my proof of age I was 34! Youthful is all very well except when you want to be taken seriously.

Next one is a series of questions.

1. If you could have superpowers, what would they be? There is no obligation to be unselfish, save the world etc.

Hmm, I would be able to fly. Apart from being a lot of fun (Johnathan Livingston Seagull eat your heart out...), I would be able to visit my family who are far too spread out around the world for my liking (UK, Australia, France, New Zealand and last time I looked, Mongolia).

2. Stranded on a desert island with a CD player and 10 CDs, what would they be?

1.Bob Dylan, probably Desire but I'd want more so -
2.Bob Dylan, my own compilation that I had burned onto one CD.
3.Tom Waits, The Black Rider although again, it would be hard to choose which one. Black Rider because when I listen to it it makes me want to dress up in deep red velvet.
4. Nick Cave, anything but how about The Boatman's Call. SO romantic in a very intense Nick Cave kind of way.
5. Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack, so I can have a good theatrical sing and dance around my palm tree.
6. The Black Crowes, Southern Harmony and Musical Companion. To satisfy the bluesy rock chick in me.
7. Meat Loaf, Bat Out of Hell. To satisfy the corny rock chick in me.
8. Bob Marley, Legend. This would go well with the scenery.
9. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon. Love Pink Floyd anyway but I once heard this playing really loudly from someones parked car when I was walking on a track by a river. It was echoing magically through the whole valley. I would normally hate this but it was very mellow and beautiful to hear the music there.
10. The Cat Empire, album of the same name. An Australian band that most of you probably haven't heard of but lots of fun and something on it to satisfy most moods.

3. If you were a smell, what would you be?

Sandalwood.

4. If you were a bird, what kind would you like to be?

A hummingbird. Small, can't keep still, brightly coloured.

5. If you were a bird, whose head would you poo on?

Isn't that supposed to be lucky? Not in my opinion so in that case... all the stink boat (power boat) owners who tear around the no wash zones without caring/stopping to think about the chaos they leave behind.

6. Are there any foods your body craves?

Chocolate, potato, avocado. Perhaps not all at the same time!

7. Favourite time of year?

Summer so I'm warm through to my bones and autumn because it's the calmest most beautiful time out on the water.

8. Favourite time of day?

Sunset. All those colours (don't do sunrise but I hear that can be nice too).

9. If a change is as good as a rest, which would you choose?

Change. Sorry but resting is not as good.

10. If you could invite five people living or dead, past or present to a dinner party, who would they be?

My dad. My mum. My brother. My sister. All are living except my dad who died when I was 5. Think we would all have a lot of catching up to do. Don't think we would need a fifth person...

Now, the rules of this game is that I have to pass this on to four other people. First choice is obvious to me. Has to be Lee because he's always got something like this on the go.

Second is Julie because I have had lots of nice comments from her and it's about time I replied!

Third is an open invitation for anyone to reply. Get me untangling some of this blog spagetti.

Fourth is snowsparkle because I like her blog name!

5 comments:

snowsparkle said...

thanks bee! it's nice to meet a new friend. thanks for visiting my site. i'll look forward to doing the meme. big hugs, snowsparkle

Tom said...

That's my Bee!!!! Brilliant xxx

Lee said...

Thank you Bee! (I think!) Nice insights into you and your world. I will ponder my response...

julie said...

Uh-oh - tagged! I'll come up with some answers this weekend :)
Thanks, bee!

Lucy said...

Well done Toasted Potato!
That was a lovely one; I especially liked the deep red velvet and Rocky Horror images.
Thanks for being a good sport!