Wednesday 5 September 2007

Light


Hang on, this isn't my boat?! No, it's an interval in the story of the building of Bumble. It's not meant to be an example of spectacular photography. If you want to see some really fantastic photography go to Lucy's latest post - box elder.
I was given these daffodils the other day. It was very strange. I looked at the brilliant Australian sun shining on them and they looked very odd - to me. Daffodils are exotic here. In the UK (where I grew up) they come up at the start of spring and are native. They mass along the country lanes of Devon and cover whole hillsides in yellow. Sometimes it snows after they are in full bloom and they can be seen proudly poking their bright heads up above the snow. I love the bright light that I live in in Australia but my daffodils were like visitors just arrived from another place. Their yellow was brilliant but somehow unreal.

2 comments:

julie said...

What a gorgeous photo! I'm surprised that daffodils didn't really take hold in Australia; they are very popular here in the states, and I'm fairly sure they came with the British. It's funny - they're almost ordinary here, until someone with a different perspective spies one and remarks on the color.

Lucy said...

Beautiful!
And thanks for the link.